TRANSPORT AND DISTRIBUTION CLERKS AND ASSISTANTS
C&W Transport Ltd
Workers in this unit group perform various clerical functions relating to the transport and distribution of goods.
Entry requirements of this job:
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is usually provided on the job. NVQs/ SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 1, 2, and 3.
Tasks required by this job include:
- processes customer orders and forwards requisition documentation to storage and distribution personnel;
- formulates delivery loads, vehicle schedules and routes to be followed by delivery staff;
- monitors tachograph readings and maintains records of hours worked and distance traveled by drivers;
- obtains customs clearance and processes import and export documentation necessary for the movement of goods between countries;
- maintains records regarding the movement and location of freight, containers, and staff.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- 8-hour shift